The talk will walk through typical mistakes of (micro)service platform design. We will speculate about possible reasons why these mistakes are so common and how to fix them or avoid them completely.Key Takeaways:
- In-house platforms should be at least on par with platforms available on the market.
- Good “narrow” abstractions are the platform's friends.
- Constantly fight against manual actions imposed by the platform.
- The microservice' definitions should fully reside in the source repo.
- One can measure the quality of the platform.